Sunday Mix Tape Number 354
Todd – “With Love From Me To You” LP Re-Issue Updates:
- Remember, the only other way to get the limited edition run is through me, either via Swan Fungus Records, or Discogs.
Light In The Attic still has copies of the black vinyl edition for sale, and hopefully they’ll sell through the second batch of records I sent them as quickly as they did the first batch. I’ve still got black vinyl copies as well. You can buy those via Bandcamp. 10 of the black vinyl copies have hand-written and signed notes from Todd tucked inside! As of right now, only 1 of those 10 signed inserts has been found. If you receive one of those, by all means let me know. There have been a couple more digital and physical sales through the Swan Fungus Bandcamp page as well, which is nice to see. If you haven’t already, you should pick up a copy of the record. Support Todd, support this website, and grab a unique (and limited!) “real people” / “vanity” music artifact at the same time. Don’t have a turntable? The digital release is just $4. That’s, like, 50 cents per song. You can afford it, trust me.
Now how about a mix tape?
RULES for uninitiated noobs: I give birth to a weekly Mix Tape to be deposited on your iPods or Zunes or Kingklangs or whatever the industry is currently pushing on you. Sometimes there will be themes that link all the songs together, other times I’ll just throw songs at a wall (not literally) and see what sticks. This week’s mix tape features the culmination of my exploration of “April Birthdays” week. Tonight’s tape is a continuation of that theme, meaning all the songs are by bands who feature a member with an April birthday, or solo artists who are April birthdays. Charley Patton is debatable, but the earliest suggested birthday for him is in April of 1887. He also died in April. The goal of this endeavor, as always, is to pique your interest in these artists so you’ll support the artists and buy their albums.
Sunday Mix Tape – Number 354
April Showers Bring April Babies
01. Fugazi – Cashout (Ian MacKaye – b. April 16th)
02. Roy Orbison – You’re Gonna Cry (b. April 23rd)
03. Little Feat – Strawberry Flats (Lowell George – b. April 13th)
04. Charley Patton – You’re Gonna Need Somebody When You Die (d. April 28th, 1934)
05. Freddie Hubbard – Mirrors (b. April 7th)
06. Pixies – Velouria (Frank Black – b. April 6th)
07. Rev. Gary Davis – Bad Company (b. April 30th)
08. Willie Nelson – Shotgun Willie (b. April 29th)
09. Charles Mingus – Better Git It In Your Soul (b. April 22nd)
10. Vincent Gallo – When (b. April 11th)
11. Muddy Waters – I Just Want To Make Love To You (b. April 4th)
12. Soul Asylum – Somebody To Shove (Dave Pirner – b. April 16th)
13. Herbie Hancock – Eye Of The Hurricane (b. April 12th)
14. Minutemen – Corona (D. Boon – b. April 1st)
15. Iggy Pop – Street Crazies (b. April 21st)
Leave a Comment