Poor Little Hysterical Witch!
August is almost over. I’m still undecided as to whether or not that is a good thing or a bad thing. Am I looking forward to not running my A/C constantly when I’m at home? Yes. Is “summer” in Los Angeles sometimes hotter in September/October than in July/August? Absolutely. Am I looking forward to the army of ants that typically infiltrate my home this time of year? Dear God, no. Is anything in life worth looking forward to anymore? Undecided.
Yesterday I was able to steal a few hours away from normal life, so I drove down to San Marcos with a buddy for the Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze release. The day trip came at a good time, because I was starting to feel like my weekends were no fun anymore. I have to work next weekend so I can’t go to Psycho Las Vegas. I couldn’t make the trip to Cape Cod next month happen for my old roommates’ wedding. Instead of flying to Portland or Denver for Labor Day weekend I have my sister coming to town again. Spending as little as 7 hours in Northern San Diego was a refreshing experience. I got to sample a couple beers. I went over to Churchill’s for lunch. It was a successful Saturday. Of course today I had to run five or six errands to make up for lost time, but the day trip was still worth it.
Here’s your Sunday Mix Tape. Enjoy.
Sunday Mix Tape – Volume 405
A Silent Pray From A Distant Rock
01. Cliff Martinez – The Neon Demon
02. The Black Angels – Young Men Dead
03. 65daysofstatic – Monolith
04. Melvins – A History Of Bad Men
05. Glenn Gould – Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 Aria – 1981 Version
06. King Dude – Rockin’ Back Inside My Heart [Julee Cruise]
07. Eneferens – Winter Heart
08. Rachel’s – Some Things Never Happen
09. Mazzy Star – Look On Down From The Bridge
10. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein – Stranger Things (Extended)
Leave a Comment